.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Declare independence! Don't let them do that to you!!

Friday, January 13, 2006

True Story 

It's two nights before this passed Christmas and I'm wandering around my mothers neighborhood as the sun sets in Queens. I turn into a street where in the center of the block, there stands three young teenagers on the sidewalk looking up into the sky. "A fool looks at the finger that points to the sky", I know this, and so after scanning the immediate area I glance up and down first outlining the building, then the quickly examining shadows behind the windows, and see nothing. What're these kids playing at? A game? I used to play a game where I would stare up at the sky and wait for someone to approach me (usually at school) and as they got near I'd fall into a crouch throwing my arms up as a shield, against nothing. Leaving the unsuspecting rube twitching or often crouching in bewilderment, amusing ways to pass the time. Anyway, my eyes are back on the kids and one in particular because he's looking directly at me. I figure him for the talker of the three so I alter my trajectory to just pass him. As I do he grunts out: "fight the power". Surprised but ready I reply with, 'always see everything'. Then I nodded as I lifted off my heels and thanked the universe for special moments.

Detour
Comments: Post a Comment