.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Declare independence! Don't let them do that to you!!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Tricky Dreams 

Sometimes, I have dreams that involve Victor. Unlike many characters and people who make their way into my sleeping consciousness, he never turns into anyone or anything else. It's always him, and he's usually smiling. My father was a light-hearted man. And so lately when I see him I'm able to recognize him as 'my dead father', which in turn fills me with a light and happy feeling. Second chances are so rare. However, this elation must be kept under control, because I have a fail-safe switch built into my lucid dreams apparently. When the emotional content of a dream becomes so thick that I can think of nothing else, and I'm no longer fully aware of the moment, I wake. And so if my longing for his continued presence dominates my mind, I wake longing. Sometimes I can use this to my advantage, like this morning, I decided that I wanted to wake up in mid-flight, so I stood next to a bridge before a river, I touched both hands to my temple, and floated quickly and silently above the water, and faded into consciousness.


Time Well Spent


Musical Accompaniment: Memory from the Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack by The Seatbelts
Comments: Post a Comment