.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Declare independence! Don't let them do that to you!!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

What I Didn't Miss Today 

Today I met and had a good long talk with Mike. He's one of those neighborhood guys who looks and acts in a way that you may likely associate with 'crazy' people, but he's really just intense and thoughtful. We'd met last week as I paid crazy money for five rolls of film in Squirrel Hill, instantly hitting it off at the Rite Aid line. I think we spoke about Brooklyn and dying times. Today I met him after work at the bus stop Downtown. He didn't remember me at first, and when he eventually did it was obvious that we were both awed to meet again in such a different place. Mikes a guy that you see coming from down the street, as I did, because of his energy, his immediate zone of potential motion. Every feature seems ready to tear away in its own direction. He's always thinking, and it shows. We rode the bus into Squirrel Hill and spoke long and hard about focussing the self. Contribution to great ideals and it's direct relation to the life-long learning process. And the lack of difference between the mad, the barbarous, and royalty. Happy trails, Mike.

A large part of the creative process for me is music. Not just in the inspiration of the idea, but during the actual creation process. It's a really big thing for me as anyone who was on the Fat Tuesday set can attest to. And has been a real contribution to my still photography, and today I found two Flickr Groups based on the relation of music to photos. Check em out! First Group & Second Group

Here's what I've posted so far, each link will download a song:

There's No Hurry
Bjork Hidden Place


One Way To Lose a Tail
PJ Harvey The End


A Ghastly Sanctuary


Facades composed by Philip Glass
Comments: Post a Comment