.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Declare independence! Don't let them do that to you!!

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Always Take a Second To Remember How Much You Love The Camera - C. Ricci 

4940471 6Be8Ec9C44 MAs I pound these Pittsburgh streets, it is quite often a corset, or a well stitched frock that catches my eye and turns my head. Sometimes it's a dyed mane of electric blue or fire red that piques my curiosity. A veil that conceals a piercing gaze will stop me in my tracks, but how often do you see veils these days? Most everything else looks like the same ole. I've been paying a great deal of attention to gothic fashion spreads as of late. Which I suppose would mean the past 6 months to a year. I'm fond of the expressionist sets and lighting. The stylized composition, the shadows, the lines, the richness of the fabrics. I love how 'out-there' some of these photographers and designers are taking it. And while some if not most of it isnt much of anything new, it feels fresh, imaginative, and quite often strikingly original.
Anyway, a few months ago I saw a spread in POP magazine that really caught my eye. Although I linked to it in the Travails, it seems that some of you may have missed it, so now, for your viewing pleasure, here is said photo-spread starring the bewitching Christina Ricci. As is the usual, clicking on a photograph will give you access to a larger version when one is available. Sorry this isn't a real post kids, but here at The Travails we have a policy of pausing for a glimpse of Beauty when were lucky enough to behold it.

ricci-Pop-w2004-02
ricci-Pop-w2004-10ricci-Pop-w2004-11ricci-Pop-w2004-09ricci-Pop-w2004-05ricci-Pop-w2004-01ricci-Pop-w2004-00ricci-Pop-w2004-07ricci-Pop-w2004-03ricci-Pop-w2004-08

Leather by Amber Asylum
from the album "Songs of a Goddess"
Comments:
Why hate Ricci?? Riccis peachy.
 
Post a Comment