.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Declare independence! Don't let them do that to you!!

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

October Rust 

DSCN5717.JPGDSCN5696.JPG

On Sunday I celebrated Halloween by working on a Film Club movie shoot. The movie is being directed by Nate, and is starring a couple of buddies of mine, Jeff Kohn, and renowned author Eric Sisak. The way I see it, there is no better way to celebrate the holiday of farce than the production of a movie....or the parade in the Village (NYC).
Anyway, we picked the perfect day to shoot, the air was crisp but not cold, the leaves fell like rain, so that the street was carpeted by a golden layer. Every now and then the wind would pick up and the whirlwind of leaves felt slightly otherworldly, making for some great shots. At one point an ebony cat walked up to Jeff and began to stare at us with mean emerald eyes. Considering that it was Halloween I took this as a good sign.
If you don't know this about me learn it: I feel MOST comfortable in a film shoot. Things come most naturally in times of crisis and pressure, and a film shoot is a microcosm of ordered chaos. It's wonderful, really. Think of a dragon bathing in a volcano, that's kind of how I feel when getting shots, and working with actors.

DSCN5783.JPG

So, the premiere of When Tyrants Kiss is this Saturday. I think Irma is coming to town. Which ought to be cool. I guess. I feel this deep disconnect from my family. I have affection for them, and care deeply for their well being...but.. but what? But a lot. Anyway, it'll be nice to see my mother again. Right?
Oh yeah, the chupacabra is real.

DSCN5792.JPG

Angryman from the album "Sunshine Hit Me" by A Band of Bees

Comments: Post a Comment